Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel

Are you kidding me, I felt like I was reading a Disney animated book! I must admit this has been the worst book so far on my blog.

I was so excited to see this book in the bookstore last night along with several YA books all of which I purchased. So today between typical Saturday house/yard work and the Ohio State/Penn State football game, I thought I would read. Wow, I think I may have enjoyed the yard work in 43 degree weather more than I enjoyed this book. Before I purchased the book I should have taken more notice at the cover which reads...adapted from the major motion picture...notice it does not say it has been adapted from the book.

Personally, I do not even want to waste my time writing a review for this text, so it will be super quick! Cheesy illustrations (too movie Disney-like), cheesy link to the book written by Kate DiCamillo, and too much missing...not to mention some wacky additions. One positive about the book...at least I can use this text as a negative example in my children's literature class.

I can't imagine how cheesy the movie will be. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Rating:

Happy Reading,
Dr. Quinn

No comments: