Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Valentine Book

It is always a happy day when a new book arrives at my office...especially when it is a gift directly from an author or illustrator. Today I was greeted with Jerry Pallotta's new book, Who Will Be My Valentine This Year? Pallotta and David Biedrzycki team up again to create this fun book. The two have done several similar books together prior to this one: Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight?, Who Will Help Santa this Year?, & Who Will Haunt My House on Halloween?

Like the others, Pallotta's humor is clearly present throughout the book. My favorite line is when the protagonist, a pink hippo, asks three pigs to be her valentine.
"Pigs, please, let's be valentines!"
"Burp!, Bad idea. We eat like pigs. You have manners."

Biedrzycki's illustrations are colorful and creative. Make sure you take time to look at all the extras he has added.

The book is just off the Scholastic press. It will be a fun read for many Valentine Days to come.

Thanks Jerry!

Happy Reading,
Dr. Quinn

No comments: